Syracuse University – Whitman School of Management
New York University
M.A., Graphic Communications Management and Technology
New York University
B.A., Media Studies/Political Science
Senior Consultant (September 2013-Present)
The Fifth Business, Houston, Texas
Role performed remotely from Syracuse, NY with 10% travel.
The Fifth Business is a full-service international change agency offering communications, learning and design solutions. My role plans, delivers and advises on projects for multi-national blue chip clients to execute change management, improve employee engagement, create and implement communications strategies and provide management consulting and support as needed. In addition to consulting for clients, my remit has included line management of a team of consultants and capability development, client relationship management, business development support and execution of internal business strategy.
Client projects have included:
• Project management (budget of $250k) of a custom SharePoint tool to replace 3rd party software for managing work requests across a technical discipline, inclusive of User Acceptance Testing (BP)
• Account management (ad-hoc projects billing in excess of $300k) with oversight of deliverables in support of a migration to the Epic electronic health record system (Houston Methodist)
• Lead on the development of an enterprise media strategy (recommended budget of $500k) with a focus on trade publications and digital advertising in support of new business strategy (Hess)
• Project management of development of corporate intranet sites in support of business functions at the regional level (BP)
• Program communications for an enterprise-wide Collaboration and Consumerization Team (SharePoint, collaboration tools, BringYourOwnDevice, mobile email, etc.) with focus on the production of content for business-facing web portals, technical writing for how-to guides and training sessions along with supporting materials for other channels (BP)
• Development of training materials and eLearning modules for two enterprise-wide roll outs: 1) Operating Model Documentation Tool; 2) Migration to SharePoint Online from previous versions; SP2003 WSS, SP2007 MOSS, and SP2010 (BP)
Senior Communications Consultant, Team Leader (March-August 2013)
Communications Consultant (November 2011-March 2013)
The Fifth Business, London, United Kingdom
Former client projects included:
• Development of measurement tools to benchmark end user satisfaction with IT service offerings across the segment along with recommendations for governance and process for translating data into continuous improvement initiatives for BP
• 18-month embedded role leading communications for BP Angola IT&S, reporting to the CIO, with responsibility for the communications strategy, messaging, oversight of campaigns, business-facing IT portal, SharePoint collaborative space with custom tools, internal projects and alignment to Group and brand guidelines
Communications + Operations Consultant
buildabrand ltd., May-October 2011
Creative-driven tech start-up creating a new model for brand building and management. Lead on all communications: copywriting and editing for entire website and product development cycle, editorial schedule, tone of voice, social media strategy (pre-launch Twitter following of 2500+), customer support and internal comms. Oversight of operations activities related to contracts for freelance and agency work, RFPs, agency relationship management, physical office move and set-up, candidate interviews, and production of non-disclosure agreements and service-level agreements for commissioned work.
Marketing Strategy Consultant
InfoPlanIT, LLC / InfoPlanIT Europe, August 2010-Present
Branding, digital, and communications strategy for a new product launch and coordinated re-brand. In-line with changes to company business strategy, created new logo identity, marketing collateral, and website, along with brand positioning, social media and public relations strategies for both the company and CEO to position as an industry and thought leader in Business Intelligence (yet to be implemented). Role performed remotely in London and Syracuse and coordinated with offices in Germany, France and the United States. Full-time for 6 months, providing very limited ad-hoc advisement after 2011.
NYU School of Law, June 2007-July 2010
Created and executed integrated communications strategy that encompassed internal communications, direct mail with segmentation, events marketing and online registration, email campaigns and e-newsletters, and social media. Managed the alumni website, content production and updates along with vendor relationships tied to online giving and directory (communities). Reported to the assistant dean for alumni relations and special events and was recognized as a mentor and digital strategy resource for the school’s centers and institutes.
The Journal of Popular Noise, October 2008-July 2010
Part-time project assisting the founder and creative director with editorial direction and operational leadership for a semi-annual limited edition audio journal. Public relations, events production, and light copywriting and copyediting on an as-needed basis.
Content Strategy Extern
Bond Art + Science, January 2009-June 2009
Masters degree research extern for the partner and senior content strategist of Bond Art + Science, an interactive services firm specializing in information architecture and user experience. Contributed to the writing and editing of proposals, responses to RFPs, and qualitative analysis, including competitive audits and content inventories. Researched data visualization and web application vendors and online tools and utilities related to email marketing.
NYU School of Law, April 2005-June 2007
Project management and production of the Law School’s print publications. Coordinated trafficking of print materials for 125+ jobs annually, including the Law School’s award-winning magazine. Production (copyediting, layout and printing) of the weekly Law School newsletter. Purchasing and archiving of art along with photo shoot coordination. Optimized digital images for print and web and copyedited print materials to style guide. General office management along with line management of three student assistants.
NYU Center for Music Performance, March 2002-May 2004
Supporting role for communications and events management for a Center designated as a central hub for music-related events across NYU’s 18 schools and colleges. Updated website content; copyedited and distributed departmental literature and events calendars, including the monthly NYU Squarenotes newsletter; processed vendor invoices; coordinated events, including a weekly coffee house series; and scheduled, hired, and supervised four student assistants.
Sarasota Film Society/Burns Court Cinemas, April 2000-July 2001
Day-to-day management of an independent arts-focused theatre, run in conjunction with a distribution company specializing in foreign and independent cinema. Created bi-weekly schedule of support staff; purchased and maintained concession inventory, including vendor negotiations; interviewed and trained new employees; coordinated special gala events and annual foreign film festival.